No announcement yet.

Another Sestertius For Authenticity!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Sestertius For Authenticity!!!

Hi!!!
    Here is one more sestertius that I'm looking after.Please,tell your opinion about the authenticity of the coin.Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Attached Files

Repatinated coin; probably authentic base.
    There's a very popular fashion of ancient bronze coins repatination in Spain (where this coin comes from ... )

Jérôme

Comment

Suspicious

Again, a coin coated with a heavy fake patina--that could hide a variety of sins--no way to tell if this coin is real of not under than heavy layer of fake glob.

Mac

Comment

Hello,

How was this coin repaginated? What chemicals are used?

thanks,

Paul

Comment

According to MayaDigger at Forum, repatination COULD involve glue, among other things.

BR

Mark
          "When you are in Rome live in the Roman style; when you are elsewhere live as they live elsewhere" St. Ambrose (340-397) to St. Augustine.

Comment

I also saw this one, currently it has a $400 bid. Hard to tell from the photo but I had enough reservations to stay away from it. I dont have a lot of the reservations others have about repatination, as I understand many are done so out of necessity. It is always a good idea to double check current coin values for a type. This coin, if authentic, ought to bring up towards $1,000. Why is it on Ebay? It should be in a major venue, not on a virtual flea market. This is enough for me to not bid.
            ---------------------------
            Kenneth W. Dorney
            Classical Numismatist
            Since 1988
            http://www.coolcoins.com
            http://www.vcoins.com/ancient/kendorney

Comment

Working...
            X