Back Online!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Online!

Sorry for the delay. When the server died I had to alter my plans slightly and remove what I had already done to the new server. It took a bit of scrambling, but I think you'll find the results worthwhile. The new server is a real horse -- the same model as the servers that run VCoins. It's also fully redundant, so events like hard drive or power supply failures won't take it down.

Thank you to the entire community for your patience and support. I heard from a number of people while I was working on this, and everyone was incredibly understanding. It's good to be part of a community like that.

Thanks!

Bill

Thank God.

Sweating and Chills are starting to subside. Nausea is now under control.

I may have to screen save some of this site for any future withdrawl symptoms.

Aaahhhh, I feel that warm fuzzy feeling coming back.

All is good.

"When you are in Rome live in the Roman style; when you are elsewhere live as they live elsewhere" St. Ambrose (340-397) to St. Augustine.

Comment

Thank God! Like Mike, I was starting to go through the DTs...

Jeff

Comment

Sorry I caused all that grief! If I had just done the migration when I first had the new server ready, it would all have been transparent. But then maybe I wouldn't have been as appreciated.

I just love backups!!!

Bill

Comment

I was also going through ancients.info withdrawal here for a few days. I figured you were doing server maintenance or something, though. Thanks for the hard work in getting the site back online!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            But then maybe I wouldn't have been as appreciated.

I just love backups!!!
            I appreciate your hard work very much and I also love the backups, because I didn't have all the material on my website saved!

Thank you Bill
            lateromanbronzecoinforum.com

Comment

The server upgrade certainly shows! The pages are opening for me at an appreciably faster speed. The gallery listings used to take some time to fully load...not anymore!

Jeff

Comment

Salvation

Hi Bill et all

Nice to be back!
                The meek shall inherit the earth - so buy a meek

Comment

Thanks Bill!

Voz

Comment

Thank goodness!

Glad to see Ancients.info back up and running!

I was nearly tempted to start looking at coins in "all the wrong places"!

Cheers!

John Barnard

Comment

Just need to point out that link to the following is broken:
                      AA-Full.zip

But I'm very glad that this site is back.

Arthur

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about the broken link. It's a great help!

Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X