Finally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally

I don't know who is still tuned into this subject, but I finally obtained FLASH software and have started to make some rudimentary animations. The first Map animation replcaced my original animated gif of coin development and spread from 650 - 400 BCE.
    http://tjbuggey.ancients.info/spread.html
    I have already made some changes as I get into the tutorials - learn by doing.
    Feel free to offer suggestion on map or Flash technology.

Tom

map

Tom,
    It looks great - well done!

One suggestion is to put a color coded timeline along the bottom. That would give me a better sense of the time course and would serve as a color legend when the map gets filled in.

It also cycled a bit fast for me. I was just getting my bearings and reading the text when it moved on. Can you add controls that let the viewer advance the frame?

Brent

Comment

finally

Thanks and that is exactly my intent - as soon as I figure it out. FLASH is much more complicated than any other program I have used. I tried to create buttons for user control, but I have not been successful to date. I also have to figure out how to reduce file size. Overall this is too large for modem access - at least it probably doesn't run smoothly. Keep tuned in. I will have much more time to play with this as soon as my semester ends in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again,

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X