Ancients.info - The Online Resource for Ancient Coins & Antiquities  

Go Back   Ancients.info - The Online Resource for Ancient Coins & Antiquities > Software > AncientAssistant
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Sidebar Off

Old Aug 28, 2006, 04:18 AM   #1
mikepellerin

View My Photo Gallery
Thumbs up Any Updates

Are there any Updates planned for this very fine product soon? I really love it, and am just now figuring out all it's little hidden goodies.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 05:32 PM   #2
admin
Administrator

View My Photo Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to admin
Hi Mike,

It's good to hear you find it useful. I am working on a rewrite, but it's very slow since I can only fit in a little time every now and then. I can't predict when I will have a new release.

Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:02 PM   #3
cogito

View My Photo Gallery
Bill,

As another AncientAssistant fan, maybe we can assist you by providing a sounding board or beta tester group for any revisions? It would be nice to tweak any upgrade to fit the needs of the end users.

Right off the bat, I would think that it would be nice to have the datasheet's font scaled to a common metric. As it stands the font sizes are the same as those input into the fields, which makes for very small print when placed in the full page datasheet format. Also, it would be nice to have an option to turn off the clipping of the notes section on the datasheet or have the datasheet continue on to additional pages.

Warm regards,
Jeff

Warm regards,
Jeff
cogito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:45 AM   #4
mikepellerin

View My Photo Gallery
I'd also like to make a suggestion for future updates... I'd be nice if the data in the Coin Detail view was locked to prevent accidental editing. If you click in a field the program should ask you if you want to Edit the record, or start a new one. The reason I'm suggesting this is that accidentaly editing and trying to recover from it, at least in my case, made the program unstable and I lost records. This was before I really figured out how to better manipulate the DB's as illustrated in my posts about the program in the Downloads Section.

Thanx...