Ancients.info - The Online Resource for Ancient Coins & Antiquities  

Go Back   Ancients.info - The Online Resource for Ancient Coins & Antiquities > Coin Talk > Uncleaned
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Sidebar Off

Uncleaned The unique joys of uncleaned coins.

Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:24 AM   #1
zeuscoins

View My Photo Gallery
buy uncleaned

hi,
has anyone bought from B. Leon
Z.Z. ANTIQUITIES, Ltd.?
zeuscoins
zeuscoins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:15 AM   #2
cogito

View My Photo Gallery
I don't want to rain on any parade, but unless you are constrained by budget it is far better to invest your hard-earned money in cleaned coins.

Of 15 uncleaned lots that I have purchased over the years, I have probably found 6 coins of note but none that superceded the cost of the uncleaned lot.

Salem can tell you. By the time you get that small uncleaned lot, it has been picked over many times as it moved through the dealer chain.

Jeff
cogito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:14 PM   #3
Wisecentaur

View My Photo Gallery
There has been very bad blood with this dealer on the uncleaned news group. He was recently thrown off.

You can read the history on Yahoo's Uncleaned Ancient Coin group.

I have spent time on uncleaned coins and found that it is usually unprofitable to purchase them except to lean to clean coins. It is far better to buy a bronze coin that you know is good and use your cleaning skills too make it more valuable ... but practice on cheep ones.

Dave
Wisecentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 02:48 PM   #4
zzantiquities

View My Photo Gallery
RE: Reply from Z.Z. ANTIQUITIES, Ltd.

Hi,

KIND ATTN: WiseCentaur and others who seek to know the TRUTH AND FACTS:

To set things straight: I most certainly was not thrown off of any groups. You
and others can read the archives and see how I made my last post and REFUSE
to participate any further in Uncleaned Ancient Coins group because of the irresponsibility
of the group owner Susan Headley to not only allow slanderous and libelous
and shamelessly false DEALER-BASHING (something other YahooGroups do
not allow), but she also perpetuated blatant falsehoods after she admitted
to me in private e-mail how she "always held a flame of resentment" against
me - for something that did not ever occur, and only existed in her own head.
Yet the person who actually purchased from us uncleaned coins AND RETURNED TWICE TO PURCHASE OIL LAMPS AND PUBLICALLY THANKED US made it publically clear to her group and to her that no bad-faith on our part was involved.

Yet Ms. Headley allows people to publically spread rumors and falsehoods because all she cares is about "group-activity" and "list-numbers" and wants her group to be active no matter what the cost or the public damage is done by vicious rumors.

WiseCentaur, I made my last post to UAC and will not EVER post there again. Ms. Headley is not responsible enough to responsibly manage a public group where such
lies lead to irreparable damage.

ZeusCoins - if you or any others would like references of our happy clients who do not dispute that they receive ONLY GENUINE MERCHANDISE GUARANTEED FOR THEIR LIFETIME, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to forward you their details for your confirmation.

kindest regards,

B. Leon
zzantiquities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 02:59 PM   #5
AnemicOak

View My Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogito View Post
I don't want to rain on any parade, but unless you are constrained by budget it is far better to invest your hard-earned money in cleaned coins.

Of 15 uncleaned lots that I have purchased over the years, I have probably found 6 coins of note but none that superceded the cost of the uncleaned lot.

Salem can tell you. By the time you get that small uncleaned lot, it has been picked over many times as it moved through the dealer chain.

Jeff

This has been exactly my experience with uncleaneds.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 03:15 AM   #6
vozmozhno

View My Photo Gallery
Mine as well.

Voz
vozmozhno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 07:03 AM   #7
areich

View My Photo Gallery
But that was not the question, was it?
areich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 08:30 AM   #8
zzantiquities

View My Photo Gallery
RE: Public Reference - Client Testimonial of Z.Z. ANTIQUITIES, LTD.

Hi,

As most of our clients are dealer/distributors (approx. 90%), most are reluctant to give public
testimonials confirming to their competition we are their suppliers. However approx. 10% of our business is to private collectors so a conflict-of-interest does not exist in giving their testimonials of PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, and for all interested parties who wish to read this public testimonial of his experience in purchasing uncleaned coins from Z.Z. ANTIQUITIES, LTD., here is link so that you can read for yourself:

http://www.zzancientart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99

All of our merchandise is guaranteed genuine for your lifetime and the lifetime of your children. Our goal is to develop a long-term, lifetime relationship with all clients because a happy client is a returning client!

kindest regards,

B. Leon
Old Dec 11, 2007, 09:58 AM   #9
4to2centophilia

View My Photo Gallery
C'mon now.

A post by one anonymous individual, with no credentials, last name, or contact info is worthless.

Why waste our time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzantiquities View Post
Hi,

As most of our clients are dealer/distributors (approx. 90%), most are reluctant to give public
testimonials confirming to their competition we are their suppliers. However approx. 10% of our business is to private collectors so a conflict-of-interest does not exist in giving their testimonials of PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, and for all interested parties who wish to read this public testimonial of his experience in purchasing uncleaned coins from Z.Z. ANTIQUITIES, LTD., here is link so that you can read for yourself:

http://www.zzancientart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99

All of our merchandise is guaranteed genuine for your lifetime and the lifetime of your children. Our goal is to develop a long-term, lifetime relationship with all clients because a happy client is a returning client!

kindest regards,

B. Leon
4to2centophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:06 AM   #10
zzantiquities

View My Photo Gallery
RE: Testimonial of Z.Z. ANTIQUITIES, LTD.

Hi,

And yet comments from people like Wisecentaur who HAVE NOT personally done business with us who simply repeat the slanderously libelly and defaming posts (also from people who have not personally done business with us) are very easily believed despite that they have no basis in truth or fact.

If you would like to contact this individual who posted the testimonial, you may join the forum and contact him via private message and I would think he would be happy to respond to you privately with his contact details and confirm his reference.

If you are not interested, then you need not "waste your time". No one is forcing you to do business with us if you prefer not to. However, those that are more prudent in what they believe that is posted on the internet can investigate for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

Kindest regards,

B. Leon
Old Dec 17, 2007, 04:23 AM   #11
Wisecentaur

View My Photo Gallery
B.,

It sure is interesting that you would refer to my post as "repeating slanderously libelly and defaming posts". My comment was factual and did not even state an opinion or comment of mine, only to point my fellow collectors to the uncleaned newsgroup to read the history and decide for themselves.

As for not doing business with you, there are two reasons that I have not. First, I have found that my money is best spent on individual coins that I can evaluate and increase the value by using my cleaning knowledge. Secondly, purchasing ancient coins , especially uncleaned is a "buyer beware" situation. So here is my opinion and comment, I have chosen to beware.

David

Wisecentaur
Wisecentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 04:51 AM   #12
zzantiquities

View My Photo Gallery
RE: Reply to Wise Centaur

Dear David, Sir,

Though your reply now seems much more reasonable, I must disagree that your previous post was factual. You say quote that I was "thrown off". This is blatantly false. If you pointed people to the group you refer to they would read for themselves that it was not I who was thrown off, but it was I who refuse any more to participate to the life of that group with its most irresponsible group-owner/moderator. She recently (less than 1 month ago) did the same thing of careless (and perhaps malicious) public defamation to another dealer, and it caused him and others to be very critical of her way of making such careless public comments about respectable dealers. It seems she loves the activity generated in her group that her controversial and very negative statements cause very sincere, genuine, legitimate, and ethical dealers. Her comments cause the thousands of members (especially newer members) to think that what she is saying has some merit - when it doesn't, and this causes irreparable damage because even one false statement made in public (even when false) causes serious damage to one's reputation.

I respect your reasons for not purchasing uncleaned coins. But please let's keep our comments to being not only factual, but to being that of our own personal experience - repeating something that is not only false, but that we have no personal experience is irresponsible and causes irreparable damage. People too often forget in this age-of-internet that there are actual individuals behind each computer screen, and too often people tend to be rude, offensive, and belligerent (flaming) because there is a sort of desensitivity to what happens beyond the computer screen. If we behave (type) as if we are speaking to someone face-to-face, I believe we would see much less flaming, and much more personal respect for the other person.

Best regards to you David, and I hope you enjoy the Happy Holiday Season and I hope you have a very properous, peaceful, and Happy New Year.

Kindest regards,

B. Leon
Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:57 AM   #13
zzantiquities

View My Photo Gallery
RE: Another Testimonial of Z.Z. ANTIQUITIES, Ltd.

Hi,

Another one of our clients has posted a public testimonial of his experience with us and his opinion of the 500 Premium-Quality Uncleaneds he received. He has included a link to his Ebay store so any parties who wish to confirm his testimonial and/or purchase individual ancient coins from him is free to do so:

http://www.zzancientart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112

We wish all members here a most blessed, prosperous, and Happy New Year in 2008!

kindest regards,

B. Leon